Terms & Conditions
The following conditions apply to all property rentals booked consistent with these terms between Amsterdam City Apartments (referred to as 'The Company') and all property renters (referred to as 'The Client').
Terms and conditions
Use of this website is subject to the terms and conditions outlined below. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions.
All rates quoted are subject to availability and alteration and may be subject to a minimum nights stay. All discounted rates quoted are limited offers and subject to availability and may be subject to a minimum nights stay.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information, The Company does not accept liability for any errors or omissions and reserves the right to change information and descriptions of listed accommodation and products.
Please note that different terms, conditions and cancellation policies in relation to all online bookings via www.amsterdamcityapartments.com may apply depending on the accommodation or rate type selected. Please carefully read the accommodation rate details that are provided before you make your online booking. Please be aware the rates can change due to our ‘dynamic rating engine’. This means rates can go up or down due to the occupancy of the accommodation. Once a booking has been accepted by The Company, a contract exists between the Client and Company. Accepting a reservation with The Company indicates acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
This contract shall be governed by Dutch law in every particular including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in The Netherlands.
Terms of Lease
The Company lets apartments for both long and short term:
- Long-term letting. The long-term letting of an apartment is for a period of longer than 180 nights. The lease is signed for a determined time. The dates of arrival and departure will be appointed in the lease. The leaseholder of a long-term let apartment is obligated to register in the civil register.
- Short-term letting The short-term letting of an apartment is for a period of less than 180 nights. The lease is signed for a determined time. The dates of arrival and departure will be appointed in the lease. The leaseholder is required to vacate the premises before 11 am. The leaseholder will in no circumstances be able to make an appeal on rent protection. The leaseholder of a short-term let apartment is not obligated to register in the civil register. If the apartment is let with a Bed and Breakfast authorisation, there is a minimum stay of 3 nights. If the apartment is let with a short-stay authorisation, there is a minimum stay of 5 nights. The leaseholder is permitted to shorten the stay to the minimum of 3 nights. The leaseholder will only pay for the nights that are actually spent in de apartment. If the apartment is let with a untenanted authorisation, there is a minimum stay of 3 nights.
The Client and The Company are obliged to maintain confidentiality towards third parties in respect of lease conditions, private data and rates.
A 30% pre-payment is asked for to guarantee the booking. A 100% pre-payment is asked for Last Minute Bookings. When booking online, the pre-payment must be paid by credit card. In exceptional cases we can e-mail a PayPal invoice or our bank details within 24 hours after booking. In that case, the prepayment must be received within 3 days after booking. All money paid at the time of booking is non-refundable. The pre-payment will be deducted from the total rent and the remaining rent must be paid upon arrival either by cash or credit card. Note that minimum duration of stay and supplements may apply, which will be shown during the booking process. Terms and conditions of special offers as advertised at the time of booking are also part of these conditions.
Additional fee’s and taxes
- A final cleaning fee is applied to the booking and can be paid by credit card or cash upon arrival.
- 5% City tax is applied to the booking
- 6% VAT is applied to the booking
Refundable Security Deposit
A refundable security deposit is applied to the booking and can only be secured by credit card authorisation. Unfortunately guests who are unable to provide a security deposit payment cannot be accommodated.
Authorisation by credit card means that the credit of the credit card will be checked, but there will be no charge on the card. The guests have to agree (by signing upon arrival) on the following terms for the credit card authorisation:
"I authorize Amsterdam City Apartments to use this credit card to cover all extra expenses in relation to the use of the apartment booked by the following reservation, especially for:
- Cost of accommodation for the nights exceeding the current reservation
- Late check-out fee of the sum of 50% of daily price may apply if you don't leave your apartment at 11:00 AM at the day of departure
- Commercial use of the apartment (filming, casting, interviews) is not allowed without prior agreement – an extra fee of € 100 per night will be charged
- Extraordinary dirtiness of apartment - a extra cleaning fee of € 100 may be applied
- Any reported damages and loses caused by guests of the house and apartment equipment and fittings - ordinary wear and tear doesn't apply
- Loss of keys - fee of € 30 is charged
- Loss or damage of the Amsterdam City Apartments Information Map - fee of € 15 is charged
- Accommodation of more people than communicated - extra € 100 per person / per night is charged
- Other extra services ordered within the stay (laundry, transfers, drinks, etc.)
In the event of any of hereinbefore conditions occurs I agree to charge my credit card for related fees.
The Company agrees to release this security deposit after the final checkout if none of hereinabove conditions occur, if no undue disturbance to other guests or residents has occurred, by any guest in the party and if the apartment is returned in proper state. Please be aware that the credit card companies will automatically release the authorisation after four weeks. The release can be done earlier, but must be done manually. Please email us after your departure if you want the authorisation to be release manually."
If any fees are not received in accordance with the above 3 paragraphs, your booking may be cancelled by The Company and any payments already made will be forfeited.
All accommodation charges and any "extras" charges must be settled by the guest prior to vacating the premises.
A cancellation fee will be charged on your credit card as follows, depending on the notice given:
- - Fifteen (15) days or more prior to arrival: 30% of the total amount. ( Equal to the pre-payment.)
- - Fourteen (14) to seven (7) days prior to arrival: 50% of the outstanding amount.
- - Six (6) to four (4) days prior to arrival: 80% of the outstanding amount.
- - Less than three (3) days or not showing up: 100% of the outstanding amount.
To be valid, all cancellations must be communicated by e-mail. Depending on the reasons for your cancellation, you may be able to reclaim these cancellation charges from your insurance company if you have taken out travel insurance. We strongly recommend that all clients obtain appropriate travel and personal insurance cover.
In exceptional circumstances we may find it necessary to cancel your booking or relocate you. If so, we shall make all reasonable efforts to offer a suitable alternative of the same quality or better. If this is not acceptable we will refund any sum you have paid to us which shall constitute full and final settlement of any liability we may have to you as a result of such cancellation.
The Company reserves the right to cancel the booking if:
- The apartment(s) or part of it is closed due to circumstances beyond the Companies control.
- The Company becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership.
- It prejudices the reputation or causes or might cause in the Company’s opinion, damage to the apartments and its common areas.
In any of these circumstances the Company will refund any payments made in advance, but will have no further liability to the Client.
We will not be liable for any delay, loss, damage or expenses incurred if your booking needs to be altered or cancelled or we are unable to perform our contractual obligations as a result of events beyond our reasonable control, which shall include but not be limited to events such as war, civil strife, terrorist activity, labour disputes, natural or man-made disaster, fire, flood, and adverse weather conditions.
If we receive serious complaints or any disputes arise, we reserve the right to terminate your stay without notice and no refund of the rental sum or refundable security deposit.
If you wish to alter your booking (e.g. change the dates of your stay or the accommodation requested), we will use all our reasonable efforts to comply with your request, however we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so and we accept no liability for any loss, damage or additional expense that may be incurred in that circumstance. For any alteration we charge € 10 administration fee. We will always endeavour to sell any apartments you no longer require but cannot guarantee this. In circumstances where the apartments cannot be sold, our cancellation policy will apply.
Only persons notified to us prior to your arrival may occupy the apartment. You may not re-let/sublet the apartment to any other third party without our prior written approval. The number of persons permitted to occupy the apartment is limited to the number of beds available and this limit may not be exceeded without our prior written approval. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to the apartment if this condition is not complied with.
You must comply with our rules for checking-in and checking-out. Unless otherwise agreed in advance (please e-mail us at least 3 days before your arrival), the check-in time is between 3pm and 8pm on the day of arrival. Keys will be made available during these hours although prior arrangements may be able to be made for collection outside of these hours. A late check-in fee of € 25 is charged if you check-in between 8pm and 9pm and a late check-in fee of € 50 is charged for check-ins between 9pm and 12pm. Check-in after midnight is only possible in very exceptional cases. An early check-in, before 12 am is only possible if no other guests depart on your arrival day. Please e-mail us at least 3 days before your arrival to arrange an early check-in. We charge € 25 for an early check-in. Unless otherwise agreed in advance, all apartments must be vacated by 11:00 am on the day of departure. If there is any delay in vacating the apartment beyond the agreed time, 50% of daily price will be charged.
The Client receive the apartment clean, proper and tidy. Before departure we ask you to leave the apartment proper and tidy again. Final cleaning will be done by The Company.
Facilities / Services
All apartments are fully furnished to a high standard and include a kitchen fully equipped with appliances, cutlery, crockery, and kitchen utensils (except our studio’s.) No food is provided. A welcome pack is provided on arrival. This consists of tea, coffee, sugar and sufficient washing up liquid. No items may be removed from the apartment.
Unless otherwise specified, the prices quoted include wireless Internet access, linen and towels, heating, electricity, gas, water, council taxes and television/cable license.
Each apartment is allocated an electricity allowance. Excessive use of electricity will result in a surcharge being applied to your bill. Please ensure that all appliances, lighting, heating, hot water etc. are turned off when not needed.
We will not be responsible for any loss or damage to your goods or personal belongings kept at the accommodation. You are also responsible for taking all reasonable care of the apartment and its contents. The apartment and all equipment, utensils, furniture etc. must be left clean and tidy at the end of your stay. During your stay, except in the case of normal wear and tear, you will be held responsible for any damage to the apartment or its contents, which has occurred due to the negligence, wilful default or irresponsible behaviour on the part of yourself or those occupying the apartment or their guest. Any damage must be reported to the manager/owner, without delay.
Unless negligence by the The Company is established by an independent body, the Company will not be held liable for injury to person, loss of, or damage to any property of any Client or person staying/visiting the apartments and or its general facilities and area.
The Client and Client’s party agree to be considerate tenants and to take good care of the apartment(s) and to leave it/them in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. You and your party also agree not to act in any way that would cause disturbance to those residents in neighbouring properties.
Certificate Of Good Conduct
All guests that will be staying in the apartment must sign the following Certificate Of Good Conduct:
"Upon signing I declare that I will not disturb neighbours in any way, I will not organize parties, I will not use hard drugs in the apartment and I understand and accept the Eviction Propocol as stated below. I will take full responsibility for every person staying with me in the apartment and for every person invited to the apartment. If these conditions are violated, I accept that the stay can be terminated and that the rental sum will not be refunded. I also accept that costs made to warn or evict my party from the apartment, will be deducted from the refundable security deposit."
After serious complaints, The Company will mobilise the security company Security4all. (www.security4all.nl)
- Security4all staff will enter the appartement and will warn the guests about inappropriate behavior. For this warning, there will be a € 100 charge and this will be deducted from the refundable security deposit.
- The Company reserves the right to evict the party of guests if the misconduct continues after the Security4all staff has entered the apartment for the second time.
- For a second visit by Security4all, there will be a charge of € 100 again that will be deducted from the refundable security deposit.
- An eventual eviction will result in a € 200 charge and this will be deducted from the refundable security deposit or will be cashed in an other way.
Use of properties listed on Amsterdam City Apartments
The Company reserves the right to terminate without notice any reservation/booking that The Company deems to be in breach of its Terms and conditions, irrespective of whether the holder of the reservation, or any member of the group associated with the holder of the reservation, has checked in.
The owner/manager of the apartment, or authorised personnel, may at any time access the apartment for the purpose of inspection of the apartment, and to carry out repair or maintenance work. Please be aware that personnel from the laundry service "De Strijkerij" can enter the apartment during your stay to deliver or take away laundry. They ALWAYS ring on the doorbell first! This can happen during weekdays between 6pm and 8pm or on Saturday between 11am and 12am.
No pets, of any kind, are allowed in the apartments at any time.
The provision of short-let property rentals is regulated in Amsterdam, but there still might be some risk that the authorities may close down, or otherwise prevent access to properties that are listed on this site. All property rentals on this site are subject to the local laws and legal conventions of Amsterdam and/or The Netherlands. Such laws may change without notice. In the event that new or existing laws governing the short-term rental of properties, which may have an adverse effect on such rentals (including, but not limited to prohibition of such rentals), come into effect, The Company will endeavour to relocate any pending arriving parties at alternative accommodation (of a similar standard). In the event that relocation is not possible, or undesired, The Company will refund any money paid for affected accommodation booked through Amsterdam City Apartments.
The Company will not accept responsibility for the enforcement, amendment or introduction of such laws, and no compensation (beyond refunding of deposits) will be entertained.
The Company is not liable for nuisance caused by construction or conversions by third parties or work on public roads.
Amendments to terms and conditions
The Company's terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time and without notice. Prior to your check-in, please consult this page for the most up-to-date amendments.