A 30% pre-payment is asked for to guarantee the booking. When booking online, the pre-payment must be paid by credit card. In exceptional cases we can e-mail a PayPal invoice or our bank details within 24 hours after booking. In that case, the prepayment must be received within 3 days after booking. All money paid at the time of booking is non-refundable. The pre-payment will be deducted from the total rent and the remaining rent must be paid upon arrival either by cash or credit card. Note that minimum duration of stay and supplements may apply, which will be shown during the booking process. Terms and conditions of special offers as advertised at the time of booking are also part of these conditions.
Additional fees and taxes
- A cleaning fee is applied to the booking and can be paid by credit card or cash (only Euro's) upon arrival.
- 5% City tax is applied to the booking for most of our apartments
- 6% VAT is applied to the booking for most of our apartments
Refundable Security Deposit
A refundable security deposit is applied to the booking and can only be secured by credit card authorisation. If the credit card does not belong to a member of the party staying in the apartment, Amsterdam City Apartments requires the card holder to complete and sign a form, along with a copy of the cardholder's passport. Unfortunately guests who are unable to provide a security deposit payment cannot be accommodated.
Authorisation by credit card means that the credit of the credit card will be checked, but there will be no charge on the card. The guests have to agree (by signing upon arrival) on the following terms for the credit card authorisation:
I authorize Amsterdam City Apartments to use this credit card to cover all extra expenses in relation to the use of the apartment booked by the following reservation, especially for:
- Cost of accommodation for the nights exceeding the current reservation
- Late check-out fee of the sum of 50% of daily price may apply if you don't leave your apartment at 11:00 AM at the day of departure
- Commercial use of the apartment (filming, casting, interviews) is not allowed without prior agreement – an extra fee of € 100 per night will be charged
- Extraordinary dirtiness of apartment - a extra cleaning fee of € 100 may be applied
- Any reported damages and loses caused by guests of the house and apartment equipment and fittings - ordinary wear and tear doesn't apply
- Loss of keys - fee of € 30 is charged
- Accommodation of more people than communicated - extra € 100 per person / per night is charged
- Other extra services ordered within the stay (laundry, transfers, drinks, etc.)
In the event any of the hereinbefore conditions occur I agree to charge my credit card for related fees.
Amsterdam City Apartments agrees to release the security deposit after the final checkout if
- None of the hereinabove conditions occur
- No undue disturbance to other guests or residents has occurred by any guest in the party
- The apartment is returned in proper state.
Please be aware that credit card companies will release the authorisation after four weeks.
Upon signing this agreement I agree with the above conditions and I take responsibility for everybody staying with me in the apartment and for everybody invited to the apartment.