Choosing the right binary options trading platform: Key points to consider
Binary options trading is becoming more and more popular with each passing day, and for good reason. There are tons of people making a living at home doing nothing but trading binary options. However, as with anything else in life, binary options have their own pros and cons. Today, we're going to talk about the pros and cons associated with trading binary options and how you can find out if trading them is right for you.
Advantages of binary options trading
When trading binary options, there are several different benefits that traders seem to enjoy a little bit. Some of my favorites include:
- High returns - One of the reasons binary options have become so popular over the years is the fact that the trading vehicle offers inherently high returns. In most cases, when a binary options trade expires in the money, the trader will earn at least a 70% return on his investment. This is rarely seen with more traditional trading vehicles, but in binary options with Olymp Trade, we see it every day.
- Exciting atmosphere - Binary options, by nature, are a relatively short-term trade. As a result, the trading environment is very fast-paced. This ultimately makes binary options trading more exciting than other types of trading, at least in my opinion. Whether it's exciting for you or not, the fast-moving environment creates several profit opportunities in any given trading session, and that's exciting for everyone!
- Simple this or that proposition - One of the things I love most about binary options is that they are a simple this or that proposition. When you trade binary options, you're making a bet as to whether the price of an asset will rise or fall above or below a specific number. Before you make the trade, you know exactly how much money you stand to lose, how much you stand to gain, when the trade expires and what has to happen for you to make a profit. Ultimately, the certainty of these aspects makes binary options trading a relatively straightforward process.
Disadvantages of binary options trading
While there are many advantages associated with binary options, like any other trading vehicle, there are also some disadvantages. These include...
- Regulation - First and foremost, regulation is huge. The truth is, binary options trading is a very new concept. As a result, regulators haven't really caught on. As a result, most binary options brokers are unregulated, which can lead to a risk of being taken advantage of. However, there are regulated brokers, and these are the brokers you should work with if you decide to trade.
- Losses matter - One thing that can be a big turn-off for binary options traders is the way losses work. When a trade ends out of the money, the investor loses 100% of the principal amount invested. This can hurt if you're making big trades. So, if you decide to trade, be sure to make smaller trades and monitor your exposure to losses.
- Additional risk - Finally, because binary options trading is by nature short-term, there is an additional risk. After all, a prediction that has more time to materialize is likely to be more accurate. So, bear in mind that this is not an excellent vehicle for the risk-averse trader.